2007年9月18日 星期二

[MISC] My first working day in Silicon Valley

Today is my first day in the Sunnyvale office. At first my manager Cindy take us (Frank, Luke and I) walk around our office building, and I found there is a tabletennis table!! Hope I can play tabletennis with somebody in Synopsys~
Finally we found our temporary seat, it is near by our IG group leader Antun... Than Cindy's manager Frank talk with me about my future plan, and introduce me to the current global router RD Ashok. I also visit Sreenivas and make an appointment with him to discuss about my metal fill work. Sreenivas will go to support our next generation router and the metal fill part will totally be my job, so I have to discuss with him to solve some known problems in metal fill. In the afternoon we eat lunch with Frank, and I told him about my plan to UK in the end of this year, and he said it would be ok to file the FTOs and take the vacation^^ At 2:00 pm I visited Ashok to learn something about global route. He briefly introduced the flow about global route and indicated a function named 'comb route' for me to study, and discuss with him tomorrow after I have totally understand the source code about 'comb route' . After meeting with Ashok, I started to feel very tired and so I didn't read much about the code of 'comb route'. That's terrible, but its true life. I think I should read the code after I finish this mail to redeem the time in the afternoon. In the dinner we eat at a Chinese restaurant with CAE team from Taiwan and Shanghai. It's good to eat Chinese food again after eating too much hamburgers yesterday and the day before yesterday!

1 則留言:

Fish @ Tyne 提到...

Haha~ I just saw your message here again. Well, you have been back for like half a month now, right, I mean from UK. It's time to write something about it. All right? :)